In re-factoring ModExec, I have started with the exceptions. I’m debating how I used to do them. When I first started I used
Error qw/:try/ and
Error::Simple for exceptions. I still think I will, it looks like it’s still being well-maintained by Shlomi Fish (see here).
I think that the piece I will bite off first is to get some test coverage around my exceptions and add documentation. They’re not much more than what you get with
Error::Simple, but there’s some stuff in there for stack dumps and things like that.
Goals for this first pass are:
- Pass a
`perlcritic -3`for all exception code
- Add POD for all exception code
- Add a test for at least some of the methods (more tests will be added later)
Before and After
Here are some GitHub links: